dearCrayolafaces.

"For you I'd bleed myself dry." Tuesday hotel mirror's optimistic.

Monday, June 13, 2005

If you can Hear a Piano Fall, You can hear me Comin' Down the Hall

Last night was the show at Grad Night.

We got there at about 7:30 and set everything up in the main gym, including the two mics, our guitars and bass, and the keyboard which I was gonna play for one song on organ effect but couldnt because I forgot the freaking amp plug-in for it. Anyway after an hour or so we got our sound levels correct then we just took it easy until 1 AM, when the show started.

It was alright at first, there were some people watching what we were doing and sorta digging it, but after maybe four songs or so, it was like we were playing to a brick freaking wall or something. Nobody was moving, and maybe one or two people were even watching us. So when they're not into, its impossible for Ryan and I to get into it.

After about and hour of that kind of crap, a bunch of kids flooded in from somewhere and the lady had them do a dance off, and finally it was like the show came alive, and there were some kids dancing around and people were paying attention and enjoying themselves. So it was easier to get into it then, but the show went for like 3.5 hours so it felt really long and tedious.

Its hilarious because we used up our entire setlist in the first 1.5 hours, so then we just started making crap up out of nowhere, and it actually sounded alright. Ryan sang on a couple tracks, and it sounded pretty good. During our last five-minute break, toward the very end when everybody was in there, I taught Ryan and Garrett to play two White Stripes songs, "Seven Nation Army" and "Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground." When we came back inside I put the vocals to both songs, and judging by the video that was taken of the show, it sounded pretty good. I was excited about that.

I got my hundred and twenty dollars then went home at 5:00 AM, not three hours before my Physics final was to begin. I am still really tired and confused or whatever.

Oh also after the show Ryan and I decided that we are gonna take a month-long break now. I told him that there is no inspiration left in the band right now, everytime we play it feels flat to me, and our songs are becoming too routine and boring.

Peace
-John

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home