dearCrayolafaces.

"For you I'd bleed myself dry." Tuesday hotel mirror's optimistic.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

The class of two-thousand and five.

Well, today was the last day for seniors.

Over the last year, and especially the last few months, I have met so many really cool seniors. The Class of 2005 really kicks my ass. Over the past couple months, I have been meeting the kids who I should have been hanging out with for the last few years instead of the hip-hoppin wannabe-prep-star cats who I have been spending all my time with.

For instance, take Nick Lovemark. I talked to this kid for the first time a couple months back. This is one of the few kids in our school who truly knows where its at. The kind of kid who I always wished I had as a friend but never came across, so I figured this kind of person just didn't exist in this culture-deprived city. It is so unfortunate that I have finally come across Nick, and so many other friends who know whats up, just months before they have to leave. Sorry for sounding a little sentimental, but I have the feeling that if I had met Nick or any of these other kids a year ago, we would be best friends today.

So I guess it is just time and shit, and I feel like I am falling behind. Like where have I been? Do you know how much I have searched for cool kids in the last couple years, and how depressing it was not to find them anywhere? Seriously, where the hell was I? These people were just down the hall, and I missed out.

It was ripping me up today to be with these new friends all together for the last time. And I am not even a senior! But how am I not supposed to be real upset about these people leaving me behind, you know? And I guess thats the other thing I regret, is not even getting to know even more of the seniors who I know I would totally be down with, 'cause now theres no time left to do it.

I guess grad night is gonna be incredible. I think that it is a fitting way for me to close out the school year, since meeting the seniors has been one of the major themes throughout this year.

I have love for tons of these kids; Jacob B, Chan, Green, Carol, Marz, Erika, Courtney, even Quentin too (Orange R 04-05 forever y'alls), Nick the aforementioned, Aaron the radical, kids in math, oh and Ryan the bandmate. And how could I ever forget the international trinity of Alvar, Merlin, and Fran? Or the tennis cats like Justin and Tim? I will even miss Ken F, Jeff A, whether they know it or not those cats sort of taught me tolerance this year, and I really like them, no matter how bad they are at political analysis or at rapping. Those are just names that come to mind, I know there are others.

I know that when I look back on what my Junior year was like, most of what I will think of involves these people. I am happy that many are headed just to UCC, so that I can build on relationships with them, or even to U of O, where they will be within an hour from here. But then theres kids like Nick who is going to Southern California and Jacob who is headed to effing Illinois or whatever.

Time sucks. This summer I want to make a point and hang out with these kids as much as I can. Sorry this post was sort of sentimental and long, I am just sort of sad or regretful or whatever.

-Peace

1 Comments:

  • At 11:54 PM, Blogger Michael said…

    Don't cry for me John. I'll always live on in your heart. Something cheesy like that. Anyways, just thought I'd say that you're one cool kid, for what it's worth. It's been great getting to know you this year, so hopefully we'll run into eachother sometime this summer.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home