dearCrayolafaces.

"For you I'd bleed myself dry." Tuesday hotel mirror's optimistic.

Monday, May 30, 2005

My hour long epic.

Last night Ryan came over so that we could work out some songs that we each had written in the last week. At about 10:30 we went to Taco Bell and when I was almost done with my burrito, this guy just comes in a sits like right next to us. He just sort of smiled at me and then walked out, but his eyes were fixed on my change box on the table the entire time (the change box is the old Winterfresh box where I keep all my dimes for when I run out of money). It was both the funniest and creepiest thing I have seen in a long time.

But what I really want to post about is this:
Alright so last night Ryan and I had been jamming on our guitars into the wee hours of the night, working out these messed up progressions and writing some pretty solid songs when I decided to lay my guitar to rest and start playing on the (electric) piano. On Friday I had written this really sort of eerie but sort of gorgeous peice on the piano, so I started playing it and then Ryan joined in with the guitar. I remember looking at the clock right before we started and it was like 1:20. Anyway, so we sort of worked into this eerie jam and it was getting really intense, really emotional. Just one of those moments where I am able to transfer every emotion running through my body into this simple song, its a really powerful feeling. Anyway, this song was becoming more and more beautiful as we played, and we were weaving these really sort of magnificent rythyms into each other's song, and we had created this very alive, pulsing, somewhat dark, sad, very emotional piece of music. There have been other times where we have connected on a higher musical level, but this was one of the most powerful. The song, which had become somewhat of a symphony in my head, soon crept to a stop, and it eventually died. I looked at the clock, and it was 2:15. We just sort of looked at each other, and we knew that what we had just created was brilliant.

22 Comments:

  • At 7:10 PM, Blogger Laura C said…

    Wow..that's awesome..so are you gonna unleash this masterpiece to the world? :D

     
  • At 9:14 PM, Blogger John said…

    Yeah we will play it at our next show, but not at Grad Night because for that they want upbeat rock and roll songs only. I am trying to put together a show where we in the band will just invite our friends and have it spread by word of mouth, and that show will probably be within the next two weeks, so we will play it then.

     
  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger Laura C said…

    Awesome. Well if the word gets to me I'll come. hehe.

     
  • At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Laura is a terd.

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'll come too!

     
  • At 7:36 PM, Blogger John said…

    Yeah maybe then I will be able to find out who you are.

     
  • At 8:55 PM, Blogger Diana Martínez said…

    John-

    Found your blog...again. I just got off the phone with you, so it's kinda weird. Anyway thanks for the CD it's quite the "addition" to my collection. Doo too roo too doo, I'm kinda bored. Well hope you have a good one! Peace -

     
  • At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maybe

     
  • At 8:59 PM, Blogger Diana Martínez said…

    Wait just a cotton-pickin' minute...I wanna come to your show too! I'll come with "anonymous" whoever he/she is. Why don't we call it a heshe...hehe, that's a funny word. well I really am out this time...tschuess! (Laura is NOT a terd, just a tard -teehee!)

     
  • At 9:04 PM, Blogger John said…

    a cotton-pickin' minute? hahah what? no diana sorry you arent invited to the show, sorry. just my friends laura and anonymous.
    -peace

     
  • At 9:15 PM, Blogger John said…

    ... just playing, of course you can come. see you tommorow

     
  • At 10:02 PM, Blogger Laura C said…

    what how come I'm a terd? this sucks...I feel like a loser

     
  • At 10:40 PM, Blogger Diana Martínez said…

    fine John! be that way you... you big...big...TOE! We'll see if I ever post on your blog again. Psh, and you can eat by yourself @ Taco Bell tomorrow. :p

     
  • At 10:41 PM, Blogger Diana Martínez said…

    yeah I was just kidding... I'll "try and make it" hehe. -peace

     
  • At 10:42 PM, Blogger Diana Martínez said…

    laura is a terd hahahaha. I just have this picture of laura in a "terd costume" whatever that looks like...who's anonymous anyway? gosh, I can't sleep this is driving me NUTS. Why do I have to go and be such a friggin' insomiac? (sigh)

     
  • At 10:45 PM, Blogger Diana Martínez said…

    After seeing John now has 15 comments on this thing I want to reach 20 COMMENTS! yay. They're gonna be grrreat (evil laugh). This is what happens to diana when she can't sleep: she plasters john's blog with pointless comments. duh!

     
  • At 10:46 PM, Blogger Diana Martínez said…

    I was just kidding about the 20 comments, make that 17. All of the sudden I'm tired! We'll let "anonymous" finish it off. Sorry about all the comments by the by, I promise never to comment again...

     
  • At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    20? 20, huh? I'll give you twenty!

     
  • At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think "Laura Loo" and "Diana Martinez" are the epitome of stupidity.

     
  • At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Twenty comments it is. By the way, are we still going to dinner John? After your show, maybe?

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger John said…

    I dont like anonymous, but this thread is outta sight.

     
  • At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No kidding. I can't even see it anymore. WTF m8!?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home