dearCrayolafaces.

"For you I'd bleed myself dry." Tuesday hotel mirror's optimistic.

Friday, December 17, 2004

Top 30 singles of 2004

This is my list of the top 30 singles of 2004. Please note that this is not strictly the year's 30 best songs (to choose just 30 tracks from every one that I heard this year would be very difficult). Rather, I only am including individual songs that were either released as a seperate CD/vinyl single or that were made a video.

I feel that these artists have each acheived the use of the single in it's intended way; these are songs that can stand alone as great accomplishments, whereas many other great songs act more as peices of an album. Most of the songs on this list are fairly accessible to the average listener.

Also note that by including some of these artists on my list, I am not necessarily saying that I like them. I ovbiously do not like Britney Spears or Snoop Dogg, but I do feel that they have made some nice work.

30. Sonic Youth - "Unmade Bed"
29. Ratatat - "Germany to Germany"
28. The Walkmen - "The Rat"
27. Madvillian - "All Caps"
26. Beastie Boys - "Ch-check it out"
25. Frog Eyes - "The Oscillator's Hum"
24. Iron and Wine - "Naked as we Came"
23. Bjork - "Who is it?"
22. Pixeltan - "Get up/Say what"
21. Ariel Pink - "For Kate I Wait"
20. Liars - "There's Always Room on the Broom"
19. Gwen Stefani - "What You Waiting For?"
18. Jay-Z - "99 Problems"
17. Wolf Eyes - "Stabbed in the Face"
16. Franz Ferdinand - "Take me Out"
15. Britney Spears - "Toxic"
14. Mirah - "Jerusalem"
13. Interpol - "Slow Hands"
12. Kanye West - "All Falls Down"
11. Devendra Banhart - "At the Hop"
10. cLOUDDEAD - "Dead Dogs Two (Boards of Canada Remix)"
9. Annie - "Chewing Gum"
8. Blonde Redhead - "Elephant Woman"
7. Animal Collective - "Who Could Win a Rabbit?"
6. Modest Mouse - "Float On"
5. Twista featuring Kanye West and Jamie Foxx - "Slowjamz"
4. Snoop Dogg featuring Pharell - "Drop it Like it's Hot"
3. Devendra Banhart - "Sight to Behold"
2. Pedestrian - "Toss and Turn"
1. Kanye West - "Jesus Walks"

(My 25 top albums of 2004 list will follow shortly)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home